Friday, September 15, 2017

Monarch butterfly

Picked up my mail today.  There was a bill from my credit card company.  It was higher than usual so I checked the listed purchases.   They were from the usual places where I do business.  There was a large one from Northwoods Outdoor Furniture for the bench and footrests I had bought at the Fair.  I expected that one.  There was another large expenditure just under it from White Bear Boat Works located in the Big City. I've never heard of the company nor bought anything like boat equipment. Just great.  Did I get caught in the Equifax security breach?  I pulled out my recent receipts.  None from White Bear  but I stopped when I saw the one from Costigen Minerals.  I'd bought rock spheres at the Fair from them.  Checked the list on the bills - nope that purchase wasn't on it but the one to White Bear was for the exact same amount and on the same day.  I remembered that the owner who had helped me said he had turned the business over to his son.  Suppose it's possible his son uses a different company name or an existing company he already owns.  So am not going to make inquiries into who gets the money - will just pay the bill.

No comments: