Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Happy Summer Solstice

 At 2 a.m. I got up to put another blanket on the bed.  About that time the kittens and Indy all jumped on the bed to leach heat from me.  At 5 a.m. I woke up to get a picture of the rising sun.  Grabbed a coat since temp was about 40 degrees.  Since it was a cool day decided to take advantage.  I dug out some daylilies and moved them over w/ the rest on the septic mound.  Replaced them w/ sedum.  Then I planted the rest of the flowers I had picked up yesterday.  I had just managed to mow the lawn on Monday before it started raining so today I mowed all the rest of the trails.  Went for a short walk w/ Indy before taking a shower and to the library for my volunteer shift.  Not sure I expected it to be quite this cold on the first day of summer but considering the weather in other parts of the country, today was great!



















No comments: