When I took the car in for an oil change last month, I reminded Mechanic Eric that he'd said I should think about new tires before winter. He said he was pretty busy but since it wasn't an urgent job he scheduled me for a couple of weeks out. He also said the ball joint on one side of the car was loose and should be replaced. He could do that at the same time. I asked Volunteer Tom if I could work his shift on the morning of August 19th and he agreed. Checked in w/ Librarian Trevor if I needed a key to the building but he said he would be at the library by 9 a.m. anyway. Plans made.
This morning I dropped off my car at 8 w/ Eric. It would take a couple of hours and he'd call me when it was ready. I walked up to the cafe and had breakfast. Then walked further up Main Street to the library. It was still an hour before opening but Trevor was there. I finished up a small project Trevor was working on, pulled books that had been requested overnight, and updated stats. Tom came in. He'd forgotten today I'd be there so took the opportunity to take off to do some errands for a couple of hours. The Wednesday morning Coffee and Conversation group came in and soon I could smell coffee brewing and hear gossip flowing at the back tables. The courier came in to leave off three bins of books to be processed. It's been a long time since I had to do courier duty but it's fairly self explanatory - those books ordered by our patrons I put on the hold shelf for them, those books being returned to us from other libraries went on the trolley to be shelved, and those books specifically for the book club's next month choice were set aside for them. After that was done I sent out notices to patrons that their books were ready to be picked up. Was busy finishing up shelving when Tom got back. About that time Eric called to say the car was ready. Everything at the library was running smoothly so I took off. Actually rather enjoyed the wait for my car.
No comments:
Post a Comment