Thursday, August 13, 2026
Lots of little solar eclipses (kind of)
Yesterday my whole body was sore every time I got up from sitting. I put together the hours worked for this last election and sent them off to the town clerk. She hoped to have them before the Town Board Meeting tonight so payment to the poll workers could be OK'd by the board members and sent out. In the hours around noon, I went onto the deck to take a picture of the sun coming through a colander. At my locale, only 4% of the sun was eclipsed but it would be cool if I could show that. Turned out to be too small a change to show up using the capabilities of my setup. Brother Phil and I checked out a restaurant that people coming in to vote yesterday had given rave reviews. (They were right.) I zoomed w/ friends afterward. We've all had a lot going on this summer so hadn't talked for quite a while. I'd hoped to sit out behind Mjolnir on the tete-a-tete and watch for the Perseus meteor shower after dark, Clouds came in about that time and covered the sky so that wasn't an option. Realized that for a very laid-back day, I was tired. Luckily I had just enough time to pull back the bedsheet, jump in, and pull it back over me before I was asleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment