Tuesday, August 25, 2026
Knap Weed
Got back home again this afternoon. Sunday morning just after midnight I had blood coming out of an orifice it shouldn't. Grabbed my purse and phone and drove to the hospital emergency ward. They verified it wasn't anything minor and ordered an ambulance to take me to the Mother Ship hospital two hours away. The docs there didn't seem overly concerned. They explained they see blood every day and they did know exactly what needed to be done. Took an MRI, saw where the problem was, and operated to put some coils (didn't know they could do that) into a couple of arteries that had broken into the intestines. (Probably not the technical way of explaining the situation but that's how I understood it.) I had hoped to get out the next day but my hemoglobin count started falling and that did concern the doc. He made me stay there all of Monday. I was very fortunate that Neighbor Doug had recently taken care of my pets and said he would look in on them. By the way, at least at this hospital, the food was top-notch. This morning my hemoglobin count stabilized and the doc was satisfied enough to let me go. The hospital arranged for a service that drove me back to my car. Hospital gowns being what they are, I did lose any decency/dignity I had but I'm back home and feeling well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment