Neighbor Anita wanted to make elderberry jelly this year. She hoped the elderberry would take it's time ripening since she also had a family get-together to prep for. For once Mother Nature smiled and the elderberry heads didn't begin to droop until Anita had the time to work w/ them. I checked the bushes out on the edges of the woods and they had already been picked clean. (Guess birds don't care if the berries are ready or not.) The three bushes nearest the house though still had lots of berries. I cut the heads that were a deep purple and delivered a 2/3 full bucket of them to Anita. Don't worry about the birds, I left some heads that still needed time to mature on the bushes for them.
The dog was asleep w/ her head on my lap and I didn't feel like getting up to get the TV remote anyway. That's the only reason I ended up watching 'Velvet' tonight. It's a Spanish soap set in the '50's about a fashion house. I liked listening to the Spanish (it has English subtitles) and thought it might not be a bad way of improving the smattering of Spanish I know. Only issue is this is the first episode I've watched so I don't know all the characters back stories. There are a number of couples, w/ love triangles all over the place, and explosive revelations like the scion's real mother appears but she's dying from some heart disease. I'm not a fan of angst but have to admit the clothes are wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment