Friday, July 24, 2026

Siblings

I sent a picture of the siblings to my cousin Norma.  She's actually a cousin of my father but relationships get too convoluted w/ the second/third/once-removed stuff so I revert to a simple 'cousin' for those people related in some way.  She responded that we all had that 'Mayer look'.  Had to laugh.  I've got pics of each of us taken when we were in grade school and thought the same thing.  

Brothers Brent and Russell worked in the afternoon on a project to cut down limbs of trees that were overhanging Russell's chicken coop.  Brent was happy.  He could use the chainsaw all afternoon plus he cut down the pear trees that have been taking over the Stockade.    Will add some of the larger pieces of plum tree to my firewood stacked in the garage.  As I remember apple, pear, and cherry wood emits a sweet fragrance when burned.

Photo by Rebecca Webb.


No comments: