Tuesday, October 01, 2024

Northern Flicker

I thought of Renfield this morning.  Renfield was the fanatically devoted servant of Dracula.  He had the deranged idea that in eating bugs he could acquire their life force.  No, I'm not going all Gothic.  I was pulling sticky strips of flies off Mjolnir's door.   The thought came to me that Renfield would absolutely love staying here.  Am up to 2000 flies in a little more than a month.  

While I was doing that, Whip was roaming around.  I called for her and when she finally came, it was out of the tall grass near the road.  Yikes!  She was holding something and left it to the side in the field before coming closer.  I put her on a lead and checked what she had found.  It was the carcass of a long dead coon.  Probably she found it in the ditch or close to the road.  Guess she'll have to wear the shock collar again for awhile until she remembers the road is off-limits.  

Then Waste Management gave me a call.   I'd been assured via 3 e-mails that the driver of the garbage pickup truck would be told to leave my container on my side of the road where it was picked up.  This call was from the local WM rep who said they didn't care what I'd been e-mailed.  My bin should be left on the shoulder of the road on my neighbor's side.  I said I was pretty sure there were laws against leaving things on the shoulder of a road.  She said lots of people do it.  This particular skirmish is still on-going but it doesn't look good.

Yes, Scary October has begun.

No comments: