Sunday, September 08, 2024

Swenson Red Grapes

Morning temp was 39 degrees outside.  This is a temporary dip in temps but a reminder that first frost probably isn't too far away.  Best get going on fall activities.  One is to clean out the bird houses.   For this I need three things:  (1) grabbed a weed puller my sister gave me.   Truth be told most weeds I just consider as flowers I'm not yet familiar with.  The weed puller though is the perfect tool to clean out bird houses, (2) jumped in Jormungandr since it's faster than walking and I can toss the cleaned PVC houses in the back, and (3) whistled for Whip to come w/ because everything goes better w/ a dog.  On the wood houses I used the tool to rake out used nesting material and left the doors open.  Winter winds will scour them clean.   After the fat mouse incident, all of the PVC houses come back to be stored inside until next spring.  Once we had picked up the last houses on my neighbor's land, Whip and I took off along the trails to check out how far autumn has progressed.  No trees have turned yet - fields are still in bloom w/ goldenrod and asters.  Didn't find any low places that might have been frost touched.

No comments: