Monday, April 01, 2024

Barn Quilt


 Prep Day.  Before 10:00 a.m. I was at the Town Hall.  The clerk and her husband had been there the night before to make sure that the people who had rented it out had left it clean (they did) and to set up the tables for tomorrow's election.  I was there to set out the paperwork.  Usually Chief Inspector Barb and I do it while we are conducting the Public Test but we couldn't this time since the hall was booked already for two family get-togethers in between the Public Test and the Election.  Guess I forgot how long it takes just to do this part.  There is setting up the stations for the poll workers who check ID's and have people sign the poll book, staging all of the materials that we use during the day and the paperwork to be completed before/during/after the election.  This election includes school board members so the school wants copies of everything for their records too.  Two hours later I locked up.  Think the town hall is ready for the election.  I bopped over to the County Seat to pick up groceries.  I do what Mom did when she sent us off to Daily Vacation Bible School.   We stayed at our grandparents for that week and she sent along lunches - all of our favorites.  The only time growing up that I had pop.  There were peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for me, bananas, and even chips.  So today I got all of my favs for tomorrow:  tractor wheel donuts and raspberries for breakfast, a foot long sub for lunch/supper, Dot's mustard pretzels, and Gharidelli chocolate for dessert.  Stopped off on the way out of town for a latte.  I'll warm it up in the morning and put it in an insulated cup.   Back home I put the child gate back in place between the foyer and the kitchen, moved Whip's bed, water dish and food back into the foyer.  Tomorrow she'll have the foyer, laundry room, garage, and outside run while the cats will be restricted to the rest of the house.  Picked out what clothes/shoes I'll wear tomorrow and then put a backup pair of shoes and clothes into a small bag.  Gives me options if I spill something down my blouse or my shoes begin to hurt.  Set my alarm for 5:30 a.m.  Good to go.

No comments: