Saturday, March 16, 2024

Mallards and Geese

 

The geese are still at the pond and both doing their neck-down-hiding thing whenever I and the dog come around.  The last two days they've been accompanied by a mallard pair who don't do the neck-down-hiding thing.  Would be interesting if the mallards pick it up from the Canadians.    As you can see from the surface of the pond it was very windy all day.  Since it was an overcast and quite cool day I hoped the wind would be enough to dry the sheets I hung out on the clothesline.  The combination of years of exposure to harsh Northwoods elements and the strain of the strong winds on the sheets however was too much for the plastic line.  It snapped when I pulled the sheets off.  Will have to figure out how to fix it or work w/ only three lines until I find new cord.

No comments: