Sunday, March 10, 2024

First Red-Winged Blackbird

 

A pretty good day.  Because of the hour change I was up before sunrise and went out on the deck to watch it.  I made something for lunch that was so good I actually would have paid for it in a restaurant.  Most of my concotions you'd send back to the kitchen.  Whip and I went for a walk after the evening news.  At the Gorge I saw the first red-winged blackbird of the season.  They are always one of the first species to return.  Fortunately for them, they are omnivores.  No insects yet (though Mr. Dearhamer said he had a tick already) so they eat seeds and grains until the insects awaken.  I also could hear an engine revving as if a vehicle was stuck in the mud.  Not much mud right now but I did see a car that had driven off the county road and deep into the swamp on Friday.  Might be someone was finally trying to retrieve it.  Didn't sound like they were having much luck.  A clear sky tonight for our constitutional.   Orion is high in the south.  His hunting dogs follow at his heals as he raises his shield against the charge of Taurus the Bull.  Leo the Lion is crouched and slowly following them all.  By the time I broke out of my reverie, Whip, lit-up in her harness, was already back home and waiting patiently for me by the front door.  The Oscar fashions, at least the one's I've seen so far, appear that noone is going to burst out of them on stage - well - except for John Cena.

No comments: