Thursday, January 11, 2024

White Pine Snow Catcher

 A portion of my day is governed by 'dog time'.  I stayed in bed 20 minutes after the alarm because I was working on a WWF move.  Whip jumped on the bed and began licking my face.   Time for our morning constitutional.  After we returned, I sat on the couch and did some channel surfing so I could get information on a few news items in which I was interested.  Whip jumped w/ her front legs on my lap so, again, she could lick my face.  Must be time for breakfast.  Whip gets her dry kibble every night (she likes to go to sleep w/ a full stomach) but I also give her the remains of my breakfast (which are a bit more tasty).   I needed to start breakfast so she could get her leftovers.  Ordinarily I don't know that animals can string together multiple cause and effects like that.  Pets though watch our every move and they love to keep to a schedule.  I made breakfast.  Mid morning I was on the computer when Whip put her nose under my elbow and lifted it up.  She wanted to go for a walk.  I put on my coat and boots and out we went.  Sure enough she did a #2 on the path (wish she'd do that off trail) and then was ready to go back home for a long winter's nap.   There are times I wonder who is the 'owner' and who is the 'pet' in this relationship.

No comments: