Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Jigsaw Puzzle

 By 7 a.m. I was at the medical center in the County Seat for some prep before my yearly checkup.  The one other medical center in the county announced it was closing in the spring and I wondered if this clinic would be able to pick up the additional load.  I was scheduled for a blood draw lab, a bone density scan, and a mammogram.  Going from room to room for those tests I saw only two other non-staff - guess the clinic can handle more traffic.  Stopped at the grocery store on the way out of town to pick up this week's provisions and again downtown for a latte - a reward for putting up w/ all of the touching.  In the afternoon it was Whip's turn to get poked and prodded.  She's been lapping up and letting water fall out of her mouth - as if she was trying to clean her mouth out.  She also seems to not want to use the back of her mouth to chew - instead catching treats in the front of her mouth and chewing them there.  The vet said her dentition looked OK and didn't see anything caught in her mouth.  He opted for a possible infection.  He gave me antibiotics for her for ten days.  If she got worse or it doesn't help, I was to bring her back in and he'd put her under for a more through exam.  Not the definative answer I'd hoped for but maybe I've been watching too many vet shows where those vets always know exactly how to fix anything.  Whip was due for her yearly shots plus 3-year rabies shot in another month so the vet did give her those.  Tonight was the Town Planning Commission meeting.  We skipped December and even though we didn't have any permits to review Chairman Roger wanted  a decision on making a town sanitary district.   I'd done my research and had, what I thought, were plausible arguments against it however I didn't need to say a word.  The rest of the group had done their research also and had come to the same conclusion that a town sanitary district solved no problems, would be costly to run, and would possibly add problems we didn't currently have.  A motion to recommend not going any further with a town sanitary district passed unanimously.

No comments: