Saturday, December 10, 2022

Library display

Christmas in the Village today.  Picked up Neighbor Anita and we stopped first at the craft sale held in the Village Fire House.   Bought some presents and a soy candle (believe it or not, I'm out of pine-scented ones.)  We then drove over to the County Seat to stop in at Toad House.  The Toad House is kind of a coffee shop/bakery/art boutique.  Anita took a call from Doug who said he'd cut his thumb while making lunch and asking where to find band aids.  I felt a little bad that he was having tomato soup while we dined on lattes and crepes w/ fresh berries but the guilt ebbed away w/ each delicious bite.  Talked Anita into going to the Plaid Peacock - a boutique that I've meant to check out but am always too busy.  Bought a few more presents.  Drove back to the village to go to the library and listen to the Blue Hills singers at the Village Hall.  Someone was giving rides on a wagon pulled by draft horses.  Very picturesque w/ the lightly falling snow.  I was surprised inside the library that there weren't more children waiting to sit on Santa's lap or play the games the Boy Scout troop were running between the stacks.  Found out 10% of the school kids were sick w/ Covid last week so many parents were keeping their kids away from crowds. Took advantage of the relative lull in activity to check out the games the Boy Scouts were running.   As I watched one scout passed a book from the Religious area of the non-fiction section to a scout located in the fiction section's "S" area.  He noticed my puzzled look and whispered to me that there weren't many kids playing so he and his friend were amusing themselves by moving books around.  Think my inadvertent but loud gasp made him realize I wasn't the person to tell that to.   Immediately he backtracked saying that wasn't what they were doing.   (Don't Boy Scouts promise to tell the truth?)  There was a basket raffle in the Village hallway so I bought a number of tickets.   They took down my contact info and told me I was #40.  All I needed to do was write "40" on the back of the tickets and place them in the container in front of the baskets I was interested in.  I rarely win these things so put other people's numbers on some of my tickets.  We all make our own fun. 

No comments: