Sunday, December 18, 2022

Jewelry Christmas Tree in new frame

After getting through a challenge it's a good idea to evaluate what things went well and what you could change for the future.  So after the latest storm and corresponding power outage, I took stock of how things went.  I always keep multiple bottles of water around.  They are easier to use when watering inside plants.  I just refill them from the tap afterward so by the next watering they are at room temp.  They came in handy though having a couple of gallon jugs around might have been useful 'cause melting snow takes a very long time.  I've got a rechargeable flashlight which was great but I hadn't recharged it since the summer sometime so it only lasted one night.  Made a note to recharge it monthly.  A storekeeper and I talked about how wonderful it was to take a shower after the power came back on.  While the power was off, I washed my hands in the snow.so I suppose I could have run around naked in the snow to get clean.  Had plenty of snow and pretty sure no one would see me but getting warm again afterward would be a problem.     My brother said draining the water from the pipes isn't too difficult so I'll write down the procedure and have it ready if this happens during the winter again.    Fortunately, I was able to keep busy putting away autumn decorations and replacing them w/ Christmas stuff - including the jewelry Christmas Tree in it's new shadow box frame.  I set it on the mantle since it weighs a little over 16 lbs.  Maybe my brothers can figure out a way to hang it in the future.   When I visited Sister Connie she brought out a box of jewelry and gave me a lot she no longer wears.  Once home, I added mine to the cache.  Am thinking of making my own jewelry picture - maybe a wreath or star.
 

No comments: