Sunday, November 20, 2022

Snow Squall

 

Temp in the teens, more snow, and a lot of wind.  My Texas-bred dog came out w/ me for a walk but as soon as she had relieved herself she turned around, went back to the house, and opened the door to let herself inside.  (Shouldn't have encouraged her to learn that trick.)  Don't get me wrong - It's quite beautiful outside.  Nice though to have an inside to go to in order to warm up.  Decided to take off for Churchville for a quick shopping trip.  Took the main state highway over and the county roads through the hills on the way back.  The trip over went as usual.  Fortunately, I wasn't in a hurry coming home since going over 45 m/p/h risked getting pulled toward the ditch when the wheels hit drifted snow or driving off the road because I couldn't see through the blowing snow.  Actually a relaxing drive at that speed until I got to the part of the road that passes through county forest lands.  Suddenly I started seeing orange clad hunters interspersed along the road w/ rifles slung over their shoulders or pointed toward the ground.  Had forgotten that hunters would be using this open area.  Will remember to keep to the state highway until after gun season is over.

No comments: