Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Hamilton Lake

Drove to Connie and Dan's for Thanksgiving.  Usually that's an 8+hour drive but this time I broke up the trip by staying over in a hotel that was about half way.  Listened to  Evanovich's latest book on the way there and a bunch of Father Gilbert mysteries on the way back.  I only turned off the audio books when I was going through Chicago   I don't mind the city traffic and this car tells me how to navigate the spaghetti freeways that converge there but I am terrified of heights.  Some of those overpasses in Chicago give a fantastic panoramic view of the city - if I'd had the guts to tear away my eyes from the car in front of me.  Add to that all of the cars around me are traveling 30 m/p/h faster than the posted speed.  For some extra fun I could feel gusts of wind shake the car when I was at the exposed crest of the bridges.  On the plus side, the Lord and I spent quality time talking as I drove over the tall Dan Ryan Expressway.  Next time I go to visit my sister and brother-in-law I'll definitely break up the trip into 4 hour segments again but will modify the route I take through Chicago to be more terrestrial.  

No comments: