Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Grapes

Spread some money around the neighborhood today.  Stopped off at the café in town for lunch.  (I've had chili for the past three days.) Picked up groceries - the cooler weather has put me in the mood to bake some quick breads and make granola.   Drove to a nearby greenhouse.  They have mums at a great price.  While I was there looked into the main greenhouse where they are getting ready for a function.  This greenhouse has diversified by also creating floral arrangements for all occasions and opening up the building after hours to host talks, meetings, and weddings.   Leaving there I went to Grandpa's Pizza Parlor and picked up a couple of frozen pizzas for later in the week.  Note:  If you want to pick up a frozen pepperoni pizza you will need to ask if they have any in the back.  Around here that must be the fav choice for most people because there are rarely any in the freezers by the counter.  Stopped by the new Gateway Gourmets in town and ordered a latte.  While the barrista  (who still can't remember that I always order a latte nor that the name I give is always 'Electra')  made the order I bopped down a couple of buildings to the beauty shop and made an appointment to get my hair cut.  Gave her the name 'Electra' and she gave me a skeptical look.   This will be only the second time I've seen her.  Eventually, I will get them to think of me as 'Electra' - just one name like Cher or Beyoncé or Awkwafina or Twiggy (yeah, I'm old enough to remember her.)

No comments: