Saturday, July 16, 2022

A butterly, screen, and cat

Went to Winter Gardens and picked up a Christmas tree.  I liked having a live one last year and that tree is now planted at the edge of the meadow.  It was a white spruce.   I'd planned on getting another type of tree this year because of what I'd been reading about dangers of monocultures.   Found a little tree I liked a lot but it was also a white spruce.  "Well,"  I rationalized, "two trees don't a forest make."  I brought it home and it's sitting temporarily next to Mjolnir.  It will only come into the house for the week of Christmas so it will stay fresh and fragrant.   Once the frost goes out of the ground next spring I'll plant it near last year's tree.  As for monocultures, maybe next year's tree will be a blue spruce.

No comments: