Wednesday, June 08, 2022

Reflections

Went out furniture shopping today.  Didn't know how it would go.  Like w/ everything else, wait times on furniture can be a half year to almost a year out.  Plus I wasn't sure what I wanted.  Grabbed friend Nancy and we took off early when the stores had just opened.  The first store was where I'd bought the furniture I have now - well over 15 years ago.  Found out what the latest and greatest was in sofas and chairs.  Their furniture didn't seem as comfy as my current furniture and I considered looking for a place that could reupholster my existing stuff.  At the second store a salesperson listened to what I thought I wanted and took us immediately over to a sofa. Nancy sat down, announced it was perfect, and that I and the salesperson could go ahead and look at other items.  She would stay on this sofa and we could circle around and pick her up when we were finished.  This is why you take someone else along shopping - their opinions amplify what you are thinking.  I sat on the sofa and liked it but would probably have kept on looking around and eventually gotten confused on what I liked/disliked/almost liked/etc.  We did go to a third furniture store but the salesperson there didn't seem - I don't know - happy?  It was hard to get enthusiastic when he didn't appear to be.  Went back to the middle store and the comfy sofa.  What I ordered should be delivered in about a month.  Life is good.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo!

cjb