Saturday, May 07, 2022

Looking out my front door

A beautiful day in the Northwoods - in the 70's, low humidity, breezy.  I planted lettuce plants in two low containers on the deck.  Am hoping that having it on the deck will be enough of a deterrent so the resident bunnies will leave it alone.  They should be taking off for their summer home in the tall grass soon anyway.  Also planted basil in the nearby herb pot.  The parsley and chives overwintered well so repotted them in the herb pot too.  Picked my largest terracotta container for the spot in front of Mjolnir.  It will be my "smelly" pot with spearmint, thyme, lavender, and lemon verbena.  Since the rest of the week is forecast to be stormy, I washed three loads of laundry and they dried on the clothes line before the next load finished.   Got a call from my neighbor Doug.  First he asked if I was sitting down.  I thought he had something tragic to tell me but then I remembered that he called yesterday morning too.  At that time I was out on a walk w/ the dog.  I kept on walking, talking on the phone, and looking down at my feet.  Ran my head right into a horizontal 6x6 pole. 

No comments: