Sunday, December 20, 2020

Christmas decoration

Monday is the winter solstice.  The house still had autumn decorations up.  I spent the day washing the throws, rugs, and runners before putting them away.  Took down the sprays of leaves, cattails, and dried flowers.  Replaced the orange hot pads, dish cloths, and dish towels w/ red ones.  I got out the flannel sheets for my bed.  Usually that's all I do in my room for the change in seasons but I decided to change out the patchwork quilt for a Christmas one.  Then there were the corner blocks on the windows, the dishes in the hutch, the napkins on the table, the pictures in the bathroom, stained glass in the cupboards, swag above the TV, etc.   Don't have all of the decorations for winter up yet but at least the fall stuff is packed away.
 

No comments: