Thursday, June 11, 2020

Pre-dawn fog

Finally got a haircut.  I'd been a little overdue already in February when the governor shut down all non-essential businesses.  Plus I had waited until into June before calling to make an appointment.  When I got there she said she would wear a mask since my wearing one while she tried to cut my hair wouldn't work too well.  As she worked she told me about her last week.  She'd had to travel one night about an hour away to pick up a relative who had an accident w/ his car.  (He wasn't hurt fortunately.)  Later in the week she'd decided to travel late into the day w/ a friend to pick up a horse that was ill.  Then she'd had a head-on crash w/ a deer that had done significant damage to her car.  (She wasn't hurt but did suffer a black-eye.)  OK, I had a momentary concern about the frame of mind of the masked woman wielding a scissors.  No need to be concerned.  She did an excellent job and I'm relieved to have the hair out of my eyes and off my neck.

No comments: