Thursday, March 05, 2020

The Ski Hill

Set an alarm on my phone to make sure I didn't miss my dentist appointment this morning.  He replaced an old old filling that had become loose.  I picked up a sub sandwich on the way out of town for a later lunch and stopped by the post office to pick up my mail.  One letter from Sirius XM offering me a real deal if I would reactivate (I'd received a free month of service when I first bought the car).  Since I only listen to books or NPR in the car and I'm not traveling out of state that often I don't see the purpose.  Plus the fine print had extra fees attached that were nowhere mentioned in the body of the letter.  I tossed it.  Next was a large envelope from AARP offering me life insurance.  It's true that I've never carried life insurance but I could never determine why I should.  I have no dependents and w/ any luck I and my cash reserves will end around the same time.  Tossed that packet.  The next two letters were from organizations I'd made a yearly donation to in December.  They were checking if I would give them more.  I tossed both of those letters.  Tonight I think I'll hand write a letter to my aunt & uncle.  They don't have e-mail as far as I know and I bet their daily mail is much like mine.  Bet they would appreciate a real old-fashioned letter from time to time.

No comments: