Saturday, March 07, 2020

Sheets on the line

Last winter I hung clothes out on the line as late into the season as I could.  Found out once temps get into the teens it takes all of our daylight hours to dry anything.  So this year I stopped using the clothesline once we got a snow that stayed.  Today the sun was out, the winds were up, and the temps were forecast into the 40's (maybe even 50).  I walked out atop the snow.  It's been thawing every day and freezing again at night so the snow surface has become packed and hard.  The sheets were dry by early afternoon.  By then the snow had started to soften but was able to bring in the wash w/ a minimal amount of slush in my shoes.  The sheets won't have that wonderful combination of grass/flowers/trees smell they get in the summer but they will have a clean/crisp/fresh feel tonight when I get into bed.

No comments: