Monday, March 23, 2020

Had a little snow overnight

Called Tractor Central (the old John Deere dealership which still sells only John Deere) to have them do yearly maintenance on my little garden tractor.  I had tried the local hardware store downtown a couple of years back to do maintenance and they had done well the first year but failed to ever come after multiple calls the following year.  Tractor Central is located about a half hour away (though years ago when Dad needed a part immediately I seemed to be able to make it there in 15 minutes) so they let me know the next time they were dropping off something in my vicinity they would pick up my tractor.   Obeying the state-wide shutdown they closed their doors last week.  Had no idea what that meant for service work.  However on Friday  I got a call that they would be picking up the tractor on Monday.   Left it outside w/ the keys in it and they picked it up early in the afternoon.  The same rules apply for returning the tractor - they will drop it off when they have another pickup out this way.  Just as long as it's before the end of May.

No comments: