Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Frosty Day

Working the election yesterday must have taken more out of me than I thought.  Woke up w/ the sun waiting to be let through the shades.  I walked out w/ the dog for our constitutional but it felt well below zero and I turned around and went back inside.  Made breakfast and eventually walked into the study to sign onto the computer.  There, staring me in the face, was my calendar and the note that I had a dentist appointment today - in fact it was over an hour ago.  Also realized I'd forgotten to take the garbage out this morning.  Big sigh.  I bopped over to the dentist's this afternoon and said my mea culpas.  The receptionist could relate.  She and her husband had talked about the election, live across from their polling place, and still had forgotten to vote yesterday.  She told me the dentist office doesn't charge for missed appointments and set up another for me.  I did some shopping in town and as I was about to start over the crosswalk back to my car I saw a little red car coming fast through the parking lot.  I hesitated.  The car didn't.  It fairly flew past me.  Glad a bad day didn't get worse!

No comments: