Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Chinese Lantern Sunrise - Refraction in the lower atmosphere

I'm in a book club and the book I chose to read for this month is 'The Way Home - Tales from a Life without Technology' by Mark Boyle.  It's a recent book and the synopsis said it was a non-fiction account of living off the grid.  Sounded interesting.  I'd liked 'On Walden Pond' by Henry Thoreau and 'Sand County Almanac' by Aldo Leopold.  I watch Dick Proenneke's 'Alone in the Wilderness' film whenever it's reaired on PBS.   Unfortunately, Mark Boyle spends most of the book whining and views the modern world as a dystopia.  Well ... he spends the first half of the book that way.  Tonight I just couldn't stand reading anymore of it and turned it back to the library.  I'll find a cozy Christmas murder mystery for the book club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A "cozy Christmas murder mystery"? What book would that be? Hmmm.
Rebecca