Sunday, September 29, 2019

Autumn Sunrise

A friend is cleaning out a relative's house and came across a number of crucifixes.  Not being Roman Catholic, my friend wondered what to do w/ them.  Figured the local church might take them.  One crucifix has a sliding back panel which contains two candles and a bottle of holy water.  There are indentations in the crucifix to place the candles.  However, my friend wondered, did I think the holy water was still 'good'?  I laughed.  (Yes, I know I shouldn't have.)  Looked it up on-line.  There is no 'expiration date' on holy water.   The Internet went on to answer questions I hadn't even thought of - Can you dilute holy water?  How does water become holy?  What are the uses of holy water?  Can an ocean be made into holy water?  Does Walmart sell holy water?   How do you make holy water at home? (Answer: Boil the hell out of it.)

How did I survive before the Internet?

No comments: