Saturday, November 10, 2018

On a snowy path

Thought we would have a bit more snow today. Still went along w/ my plans for the day. I made a pot of chili in the crock pot. Went on a walk w/ the dog. (This is my 'Downton Abby' shot of Indy's behind.) Curled up in a stuffed chair and watched a special on Shakespeare's "The Tempest" (loved the comparisons between that play and science fiction). Started up a fire in the fireplace. Fell asleep w/ both cats curled up on my lap. As I said, the day wasn't quite as wintry as I had hoped so I also hung a batch of wet clothes on the line to dry. Think I've figured out a way to tell when they are done. I wait about fifteen minutes after putting them on the line and then go back out. The clothes are usually frozen but still pliable enough to be repositioned. I pull the arms of the shirts out straight and parallel to the ground. Then it's just a matter of checking on them periodically and when the sleeves have fallen earthward again, the clothes are dry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I laughed about the downton abbey reference. Always knew when the show was ready to start...when the dogs hind end appeared.

cjb