Monday, July 09, 2018

Kite Flying

Took the cats in to the vet for their one year check-up. I'll probably not take them in again unless they get sick or injured. Think I just wanted a second opinion that they were progressing normally. The vet asked if I had any concerns and I said they throw up occasionally. He told me the story of attending a conference where a feline gastro-internist lectured that it's normal for cats to toss their cookies at least once a month. Today was the vet's birthday. In celebration at the checkout counter there was a basket of treats for cats and dogs and another w/ candy. The assistant took my check and reminded me to take a treat for my cats and one for me. After the weekend I didn't need any more sweets but did take a small bag of kitty treats. On the way home I noticed the treat bag had already been opened. It's quite possible what the aide meant was for me to open the packet, take out a single piece for each animal, and return the packet back to the vet's basket on the counter. Oh well, while I don't begrudge them their money, I think I spent enough at their office that day to warrant a partial pack of kitty treats. Once back home, both cats threw up. Their way of telling me everything is just fine.

No comments: