Monday, June 18, 2018

Winterberry blossoms

Indy and I took a short walk through the fields after supper. Found most of the cherry trees have little berries forming already. I was just beginning to enjoy these warmer temps - were we so far into the season that the trees were putting on berries for fall? Then I found the winterberry shrubs were just blooming and the elderberry trees only have flower buds. Felt better realizing there are still lots of things yet to bloom. I made a point of walking past the salt lick to see if there were bear prints in the soft earth. The deluge of rain yesterday must have washed them out because I only found deer track probably made this morning.. That's not to say I didn't find any evidence of the bear - there were four claw marks on the salt block. They spanned almost the width of my open hand. That was a good sized bear.

No comments: