Monday, February 19, 2018

1944 - Neil and Walter Mayer

Action pose of brothers Neil and Walter on farm.  My brother added more information that the tractor is a John Deere A and just visible in the background is the old John Deere GP. 

It snowed today but the real issue was the wind.  I watched the heavy brass bell outside my door sway back and forth even though it's in a somewhat protected niche.  Not a problem - I didn't get much sleep last night so I, the dog, and the kittens all curled up together on the couch and took a nap.  The dog usually isn't quite so accommodating of Dunder and Blitzen but she decided it was OK to have them next to her this one time.  Those kittens are wearing down her defenses little by little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they were showing off the new "A" John Deere. If you look in the background you can see the old GP John Deere. Only reason I knew it was a GP is Dad told me that is what they had before the "A"

Flip