Friday, October 13, 2017

Sigma at sunset

This cloud looked to me like the letter Sigma, though I suppose a case could be made for a small Xi. I've been collecting pics of things I see that look like letters in the Greek alphabet. (Hey, you have your hobbies, I have mine.)  Besides getting this picture I also mowed the lawn and trails.  Don't remember ever mowing before in October and, to tell the truth, under normal circumstances I wouldn't have done it today. However, I do still have gas in the mower and wanted to use as much of it as possible before winter.  Kinda glad I did.  Nice to ride around on the tractor and see all the trees in color.  I did mow around a late blooming orange hawkweed, stopped for a leopard frog that hopped across the path, and slowed down for a butterfly that insisted flying right in front of the tractor.  Fortunately no one in my neighborhood cares if my lawn conforms to the same length as their's or if it's a little ragged in places.

No comments: