Sunday, February 05, 2017

The sun is rising east of the water tower

Picked up my friend Nancy this morning for breakfast and then church.   Pastor is still plodding through Ephesians.  The pastor either needs to work on his delivery or I need to work on my listening skills.  I made it through the first part of the message as he had us hopping from Bible passage to Bible passage but then my interest in what he was saying started lagging.  The paper I use for notes became word games for me.  I made a list of mineral's names beginning w/ each letter of the alphabet from A to Z.   Then I listed the 12 signs of the Zodiac and then the 12 tribes of Israel.  I was working on the 12 Olympian Gods (one column for their Greek name and one for their Roman counterpart) when the service ended.   As usual, Nancy and I talked about the sermon on the way home.  Nancy confessed to using her note paper to listing the 8 planets, the 12 animals of the Chinese New Year, and she also did the 12 tribes of Israel.  Either the Pastor really wasn't into his sermon today or my bad habits are beginning to rub off on Nancy.

No comments: