Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tiger's-eye

I could tell you about the relationship between tiger's-eye, hawk's-eye, and asbestos but I'll save that discussion for later when the rock (oops) MINERAL of the day is tiger iron.  I just got back from the town caucus.  Don't think "Iowa caucus".  A caucus in my state is just the process the towns go through to get nominations for the local non-partisan offices.  I was contacted a couple of weeks ago and asked if I'd be willing to run the caucus.  The person running the caucus can't be up for any of the offices and it's real helpful if that person is already familiar w/ the process.  I've been "it" ever since the former "it" person died.  The meeting started at 7:00 p.m. and I was turning in my driveway by 7:06.  I'd like to say it was my management skills but the speed of the caucus was more due to all of the current officers running unopposed and only six people showing up for the meeting.

No comments: