Sunday, July 31, 2016

Forest canopy at sunrise

A guy my friend Nancy grew up w/ was preaching at her old church. We decided to to take a road trip to church. Nancy picked me up this morning and we drove an hour, stopping for breakfast on the way, to the service. We sang the old hymns (even time allotted for people to request their favs). Daily Vacation Bible School had been the week before so the little kids of the church came up front to show off what they had studied. While the sermon maybe could have benefited from some editing it met all of my criteria: I learned something, it gave me something to think about, and I disagreed w/ a bit of it. After the service we stayed until the church was locked up. Nancy knew or was related to most of the congregation and needed some time to catch up! We had lunch at a hole-in-the-wall cafe Nancy remembered and then a little shopping on the way home. While the church was great and we might do the trip again, the commute time unfortunately makes going on a regular basis prohibitive.

No comments: