Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patty's Day

The dairy owners are still attending a conference so I milked again this morning.  I enjoy working w/ Mike.  He's acting herdsman for awhile and is calm, laid back, and possesses an admirable work ethic.  I enjoy working w/ the new milker Alejandrina.  I explained to her I only knew a little Spanish but that doesn't stop her from talking to me.  If I answer "No sabe" she will repeat the sentence again rapidly a couple of times to see if I understand now.  That usually gets both of us to laughing.  I enjoy working w/ Domingo who  moved cows for us today.  Even though he made it abundantly clear he would not be around to scrub the parlor, both he and Mike pitched in so we were done in good time.  As enjoyable as work at the dairy is, I'm glad they don't need me tomorrow.  Tonight I'm looking forward to a long soak in a hot tub.

No comments: