Sunday, November 22, 2015

Seed pods

First day of gun season was Saturday. I dutifully wore my blaze orange windbreaker and cap. Indy and I only walked through the open meadow and around Gorgeous Gorge. Surprisingly, everything was quiet. No shooting, no birds (well, one lone chickadee), nothing moving. Talked to a friend whose husband was out hunting and he reported the same thing - no one was shooting. Today's walk was pretty much the same thing except instead of a chickadee I saw a bald eagle and a couple of Canadian geese flocks go overhead. I actually may have seen more deer than some hunters. Driving through the hills this morning I saw five deer quietly pass through a valley and across the road in front of me. At the top of the hill, were two trucks w/ their orange-clad occupants getting out on the opposite side of the road.

No comments: