Friday, December 13, 2013

Downy Woodpecker

Thursday is the day the dairy parlor is scrubbed. When I walked into work this morning and realized it hadn't been done yesterday in my absence, I knew this was not going to end well for me. After milking, Jody said she needed to leave because of family obligations. The dairy owners told Mike to clean the U-channel in the barn so he was busy. The herdsman helped scrub until the geneticist came and she needed to talk w/ him. In the end, it was just me. I considered that I should feel upset about this turn of events but I couldn't work myself into a foul mood. Might be that I'd already filled my quota of bad feelings for the week. Maybe because it's Friday. Perhaps it's Christmas spirit. Anyway, I left work 30 minutes before the second shift was due to arrive. Dirty, wet, but feeling OK about it.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Another great picture.

Anonymous said...

Love the downy woodpecker pic. Carolyn