Sunday, September 22, 2013

Nolanea mushroom

Found a tick on me and one on the dog today. Don't think I'd had one since July. Ticks do come back at the end of the season though there won't be many of them. I'd been remiss about putting Frontline on Indy and also giving her Heartworm medicine so I did both today. The Frontline she tolerates but refuses to eat the Heartworm tablet. I wrapped the tablet in bologna. She gulped the offering and deftly spit out the tablet. I wrapped melted cheese around the tablet and studded it w/ cheerios and bacon bits (leftovers from breakfast). She licked the cheese from the tablet and left it in the middle of the floor. I decided to take a shower. I get some of my best ideas there. When I finished and had toweled off, I picked up the tiny hammer I use for glass work and chunked up the pill. Then I took a glob of peanut butter and used it to pick up all of the pieces of the pill and fed the bunch to Indy. No way she could spit out the pieces and it all went down the hatch. I was relieved. Would have been pretty bad to admit I'd been outsmarted by my dog.

No comments: