Sunday, September 29, 2013

First light

My rep in Congress sent me an e-mail tonight whining that, instead of going home to his family, he and his colleagues had worked through the weekend. I e-mailed him back. I told him he was out of touch w/ the real world where we worked weekends and overtime if necessary to get a job done. I also told him that Congress had caused this issue by putting off budget negotiations. I even accused him of blackmail by threatening a government shutdown if a legal law was not defunded/postponed. Since it's happened before, tomorrow I'll get an e-mail back from him thanking me for my comments. The e-mail will say how much he appreciates my support and inevitably throw in a request for money. That's my rep!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

What??? Would hate to think of the number of 12+ hour days we all put in. And weekends? What's a weekend?

Grrr.