Saturday, August 17, 2013

Swamp Sunflower

I stood next to the bathroom door contemplating. Indy needed a bath. Did I really want to get all of the water containers ready and take her outside for a bath -or- just put her into the shower and wash her there. I swear I didn't say a word, just looked at her. She ducked her tail between her legs and took off - running through the foyer, the garage, and outside to her run. How did she know what I was thinking? So I got everything ready for an outside bath and called her to come so I could snap her leash on. Surprisingly, she seems resigned to outside baths. She came, sat while I put on her leash, and walked w/ me outside. She stood still and endured the pre-soak, shampoo, and rinse cycles. Afterwards, she exuberantly ran around the lawn, shaking her fur dry, and came back looking for her usual doggie treat. Clean - at least until our next walk.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Dogs have more senses than humans.

And more sense too.