Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Robins

Phil & Brent decided to have breakfast outside this morning. Last fall I'd placed some of the deck chairs by the fire pit, Ragnarok, and to them this seemed like a good place to enjoy the warm weather, birds singing, breeze blowing. At least it did until they noticed that the birds liked to perch on the top of the chairs. To maintain flight, birds ...ah... jettison any unnecessary baggage before taking off. My brothers found another spot to breakfast. I have placed shepard's hooks in the vicinity to lure the birds away from the chairs and tonight I went out w/ water & soap again. However, I was barely back inside the house before Brent, looking out the window, announced three goldfinches and a bluebird were perched on the freshly washed chairs.

No comments: