Saturday, May 11, 2013

Devil's Urn mushrooms (Urnula craterium)

It's going to freeze tonight and probably tomorrow night. In the Northwoods, you can't be sure it won't frost again until the end of May but most people take a chance and plant earlier. I did. I covered up the new peony I just put in and brought inside the planters and herbs. Didn't do anything for the daylily I planted a few days ago in my daylily patch. Some of my daylilies are from my grandmother's garden. They were dug out when a new building project started on her house. I found them dried out and planted them at my home in the Big City. They grew. I dug them up again when I moved to Haven. They are growing here. Daylilies are tenacious souls and, to tell you the truth, I've never met a daylily I didn't like.

No comments: