Monday, April 15, 2013

Goldfinch in partial molt


We Set the alarm on my watch for 2 p.m. With my proclivity for falling asleep, I wanted to be sure to make it to the post office today. The postal service cut back on the local post office's hours so it is closed from around 11 a.m. until 2:15 p.m. Made it down to the post office just as it was opening up again, had them weigh my fat tax form envelopes, and put proper postage on them.  Once that was completed,  the post mistress who lives in the same town as I do, asked why the road past her house hasn't been plowed yet; what can she do about the potholes that developed this spring; would a load of gravel help? I did my best to answer her questions and put her in touch w/ the people who could help her. I'm still the town clerk - even it is only for one more day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this pic! Carolyn

Rachel said...

What are you going to do with all your free time? Volunteer more at the library? I work the front desk at my town's pool. I get to know lots of people in the area that way.