Tuesday, April 30, 2013

First Flower this year

I have to register my car and even my dog every year, yet Congress won't pass a law to register all guns.  My grandfather could go downtown and buy dynamite at one time.  Now you need to prove that you know how to use it, have a safe place to store it, and a reason to own it.  Seems reasonable - I haven't heard an uproar about registering who has purchased dynamite.  I'm more concerned about people who become paranoid thinking, if their guns are registered, our government will become a dictatorship.  A person wrote into the paper siting gun registration is what the Nazi (a perennial favorite of hyperbolism), Stalin, and Pol Pot regimes did before taking over.  Hardly governments similar to the U.S.  Why not make comparisons to modern day England, Australia, and Switzerland which also have gun registration laws?  I think the answer is to get the NRA peeved w/ PETA and vice versa.  (PETA has nothing to do w/ gun control.  I just don't like them.)  That way we could get two radical groups  busy fighting w/ each other and the rest of us could have a more reasoned discussion on the subject.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, not often I hear folks calling the NRA a radical group. Now a days it seems so easy to throw out a tag line if a group is not of our persuasion. Guess as a gun owner I am just balancing out the family tree. Just another view.

Flip

Anonymous said...

In today's uncertainty, some people stockpile food, others gold. We are stockpiling lead.

CJB

Anonymous said...

I so agree with your take on these two (among others) groups. I really dislike radicalism in any of it's forms.

Anonymous said...

The NRA isn't a radical group? They didn't start out that way but there is no doubt they are now.