Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Ragged Fringed Orchid

Ran out of space on the blog again so had to find time to go out and delete some entries before I could blog again. My sister-in-law, Sheila, and I went to a large local nursery on Saturday and indulged our fetishes. Her's at the moment is hostas and ferns and she found some beautiful ones. Mine is herbs - all half priced. Thought I would look around and find something that I could plant them in. They can be outside my front door during the summer and I'll bring them inside to sit on the kitchen counter when winter arrives. Not only will it provide fresh herbs to work w/ but the plants will also freshen the air a bit when I have to close all the windows against the cold. My only issue will probably be Ori who loves to chew on anything green. I've got a couple of months though to figure out a solution to that problem.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am trying basil this year which is flourishing! I am also doing peppers both green and red which are coming along quite nicely.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

My favorite herbs for smelling purposes are basil and rosemary!
Rebecca