Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spike-Rush

Had picked up a check from the lawyer's office on Thursday and gave it to the treasurer to cash.  She called over the weekend saying the check was made out to the law firm not the township.  Oops - I was careful to make sure the check was made out for the same amount I had signed off for but hadn't checked that it was made out to the township. Left a message for the lawyer on Saturday. Monday when I got off work, I had a call from the lawyer's aide that they had discovered that they gave us the wrong check (think that was 'lawyer speak' for "we got your message but want to make it look like we found the error ourselves").  The lawyer wasn't in Monday but was able to see him today. He had the next piece of business ready for my signature. Checked this one over a bit more carefully.

No comments: